AARP Smart Driver Courses Offered for 2019
Even the most experienced drivers can benefit from brushing up on their driving skills. That’s why I am teaming up with the AARP to offer the AARP Smart Driver Course. It is the nation’s largest driver safety course designed especially for mature drivers.
By taking the AARP Smart Driver Course, you’ll learn the current rules of the road, defensive driving techniques, and how to operate your vehicle more safely in today’s increasingly challenging driving environment.
The AARP Smart Driver eight-hour class, or four-hour refresher course, is available at the locations and dates listed below. All classes are held 8 a.m. to noon. The classroom course costs $15 for AARP members and $20 for non-members. Space is limited, so register early by calling (717) 532-1707.
Upon completion of the course, you may be eligible to receive Pennsylvania’s multi-year auto insurance discount for insured drivers age 55 and older (consult your insurance agent for details). AARP membership is not required to take the course and there are no tests to pass.
Chambersburg Area School District Administration Building, 435 Stanley Ave., Chambersburg
• May 18 & 19: 8 a.m. to noon (both days). This is for new people.
• July 21: 8 a.m. to noon (Refresher Class). This needs to be taken every 3 years.
• Sept. 21: 8 a.m. to noon (Refresher Class). This needs to be taken every 3 years.
Southampton Township Municipal Building, 705 Municipal Drive, Shippensburg
• April 27: 8 a.m. to noon (Refresher Class). This needs to be taken every 3 years.
• June 22 & 23: 8 a.m. to noon (both days). This is for new people.
• August 17: 8 a.m. to noon (Refresher Class). This needs to be taken every 3 years.
*Please note the fees to take the class will be changing on July 1, 2020: Members: $20