: The House Judiciary Committee, chaired by Rep. Rob Kauffman (R-Franklin), will hold a voting meeting to consider the following legislation:
• House Bill 175
– Would require police officers receive training in domestic violence, including assessing lethality risks of domestic violence incidents, and create the Police Department Grant Program.
• House Bill 486
– Would provide that the parent of a child under 14 years old commits a third-degree felony if the parent fails to report the disappearance of the child to law enforcement.
• Senate Bill 976
– Would add “veterans courts” to the list of specialized problem-solving courts.
• Senate Bill 1170
– Would expand the list of offenses regarding when an expert may testify about victim behavior to include human trafficking and domestic violence cases.
• Senate Bill 1193
– Would increase surcharges on fees collected by sheriffs for service of any complaint, summons, writ or other legal paper to cover the costs and expenses of the Sheriff and Deputy Sheriff Training Program.
: Kauffman and members of the committee.
: Tuesday, Sept. 29, at 9:30 a.m.
: Room 140, Capitol Building, Harrisburg.
LIVE WEBSTREAMING: PAHouseGOP.com
Media contact: Tricia Lehman, 717.772.9840, email@example.com